8 Best Shipping Label Printer [Based on 4 Printer Test]
In this post, we discuss the best shipping label printer for your shipping needs. I hope you are doing well in your business. Wish you the best of luck. [ Label maker for shipping ]
It is very important to choose the right shipping label printer for your business. As I use shipping printer for my business, I understand the importance of having a quality printer and label for the product to ship smoothly.
Table of Content
- What I recommend for Shipping Label Printer
- List of Printer
- Recommendation for USPS shipping label printer
- Recommendation UPS shipping label printer
- Recommendation for Ebay, Fedex, Etsy, and Poshmark
- Buying Guide
For that reason, we have tested the best 4 shipping label printers to find out what is work best and what are the advantage and disadvantages. Here is 4 printer together
Note: This post might lose 10 minutes of your time but trust me it can save you of lots issues in the future and hassle and money wasted by making a poor choice.
For those of you who don’t have time to review this post for 10 minutes, Here is a quick summary of the printer and shipping labels we recommend. ArkScan is for Printer and Jardo Label for label and both can be purchased at amazon.com.
Before we talk to about the shipping printer, lets learn what are most importance feature of shipping label must have to be qualified as option for our business.
From our small business point of view, good printer must have high quality, high performance, shipping label compatibility, and price. As we talk about these printer below, we also talk these point in every printer.
I will not only recommend the shipping printer but shipping label as well because printer is just 1 time payments but shipping label is variable cost so it is very important to choose high quality shipping label with cheap price so you can save more money as time goes on.
I talked lot right? ok lets talk about the printer now.
Here is Best Shipping Label Printer for you
In this list, we talk about best printer as number 1 and so on and best shipping label as well
1. Arkscan 2054A Thermal Direct Label Printer
It is one best shipping printer in market right and for reason. When we looking for shipping label printer we look for 3 most important factor and that is quality, performance, and shipping label compatibility.
This Arkscan exactly made for that. High quality, high performance and it compatible with any kind of thermal shipping label. We have test this label and this label work best with arkscan.
- Multi-functional printing technology . It prints shipping label, barcode, and etc.
- It can print minimum width .75 inch and maximum 4.25 inch
- Support shipping label roll and fan fold label
- It can print up to 5” per second
- High Resolution 203 dpi which can print clear and high quality label
- Direct thermal technology which means no ink required
- It compatible with eCommerce platform such as eBay, Etsy, Amazon, PoshMark
- It is compatible with all kind of shipping label software such as Shipstation, Ship Pirate, ShippingEasy, Shippo, Stamps, Endicia, Paypal, ship works, shopify, usps, ups, Fedex and others as well
- It can print directly from UPS, USPS, Fedex so it won’t required shipping software
- It comes with free bartender label making software that’s allow us to create a label for product and many other label for other needs.
- US Based customer support (Live chat and phone) which is amazing
- And many more
so, its lot of feature right? Based on our test up to date, we recommend this shipping label printer to you so you can manage your business smoothly.
2. ROLLO Label Printer – Thermal Label
Honestly, these are 2 shipping label we recommend, 1 of them is Arkscan and these one (Rollo).
It is most same technology and feature and main key difference between the Arkscan and rollo is that arkscan comes with all in 1 which mean roll can fo inside the printer but for rollo is that it roll is separate from the printer which require extra space and hassle.
In order to use the label you need buy extra label holder which can cost around $12-$27 dollars and space.
- It can print form wide 1.57” to 4.1” wide label and no length restriction
- It is thermal direct label printer so no ink required
- It is compatible with all thermal shipping label but we recommend Jardo Label
- Required extra label holder which I don’t like
- It has high label printing speed
- It is compatible with all shipping label software out there
- It is compatible with eBay, Amaozn, Etsy, Poshmark and others
- 5 star us based supports which is great for our business when thing go wrong
- It can print barcode label, and any other label as required
- And many more!!!!
So, we recommend this shipping label for business needs. As per quick note, one problem with this that you need to have extra holder for shipping label. But other than that, great printer for your shipping labels.
As for price, it is little bit expensive than Arkscan Printer.
3. DYMO 1755120 LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Label Printer
Dymo is one of the popular name in shipping industry. Although, the dymo is great option for shipping printer, it have few issue that is costly for our business.
First of all, dymo said that to use their official shipping label for label and which is expensive. Here is 220 shipping label which cost 19.99 after 52% discount. Which is .0908 per label. Believe me, I have bought about $.10 for 6×10 shipping package for cell phone case.
Anyway, here is feature for dymo 4xl printer
- Price is little expensive than Arkscan and Rollo
- Can print shipping label up to 4” inch
- It come with dymo shipping software
- It is compatible with eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and many more
- Direct Thermal Label which no ink required, Good thing
- It can print fast
- Can print barcode, label and many more size
- It is required to use own shipping label although Jardo Label Compitable With Dymo
Overall, we recommend as average as it going to cost more in future or it can have comptibalt issue when use other shipping label other than dymo label.
Altough, we test Jardo Label with Dymo and it work perfectly.
4. Zebra GK420d
Zebra GK420d is an easy-to-use direct thermal desktop printer. Its operational efficiencies are exceptional. It can help you to produce shipping labels, quality texts, barcodes, and also produce graphic designs. It works by using heat to transfer colored ink onto a page or to change the color of the paper itself.
Zebra GK420d has considerable features given below:
- Working Principle: It works on the principles of the latest thermal technology, which eliminates the use of ink or toner.
- Compatibility: Zebra GK420d is compatible with direct thermal label rolls with 1 in the core, max diameter of 5 inches, and max media width of 4.25 inch.
- Easy-to-use: It is very handy, you can use it by connecting via USB, parallel port, or serial.
- Key Performance: Zebra GK420d is best for printing high-quality address, shipping, mailing, file folder, barcode, and binder labels as well as name tags, wrist bands, and receipts.
- Fast working: It is faster in working than any other printer i.e., it prints 5in/sec at 203dpi. Each print out is clear and visible.
- Specific: It is very specific in command and helps in printing exact quantities instead of wasting 8.5 x 11 sheets of labels.
- Reliability: Zebra GK420d thermal desktop printers are very reliable and are cost effective due to a wide range of their uses.
Zebra GK420 desktop thermal printers are easy-to-use, economical, reliable and have 100% operational efficiency. It is not only helpful for printing barcodes/shipping/mailing and binder labels but it also helps in a variety of graphic design related work. They are available at cheaper rates and can help you for a longer duration. You can easily use them with windows 10 or above and MAC.
5. Brother QL-1100 Wide Format
We do not recommend this label for shipping label.
Brother QL-1100 is a professional, high-speed label printer. It helps to produce highly reliable, economical, and high-quality printing labels for shipping, packages, envelopes, postage, etc. It is compatible with Windows and MAC operating systems and has wireless connectivity.
- Fast printing: Its works very fast. It generates 69 standard shipping address labels in just one minute, minimizing the time spent in waiting for labels.
- Ideal prints: It creates 4” wide printing labels, which is an ideal size for labeling on shipping and postage packages.
- Easy to integrate: It is very easy to manage and integrate on a network by using Brother network management tool and SDKs. Free software development kits are provided in boxes for Windows, IOS and Android systems.
- Plug and Play: In Windows PCs, you can print and create labels without installing software.
- Compatibility: It is compatible with Windows and MAC systems and integrated with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. It requires wireless connectivity for producing labels.
- Cost effective: It saves money by eliminating the use of ink or toner.
- Clear and crisp text: It produces high resolution (300 x 300 dpi) labels with crisp and clear texts and graphics.
- Automatic adjustment: This barcode printer automatically adjusts the on-screen template by automatically detecting the size of DK tapes in the machine.
- Crop function: It has a built-in automatic cutter, which identifies and crops individual labels (including barcodes) from an A4 paper. Hence, saving a lot of your time spent in cutting labels.
Brother QL 1100 is time saving, cost-effective, and ready to use thermal label printers. In the case of Windows PCs, you can print labels without installing software. For IOS and Android system free SDKs are provided in the box. You can use them for producing labels for shipping, postage, envelopes, and many more.
6. Logia Thermal 300 DPI Label Printer
I do not recommend this printer
Logia Thermal Printer is a high-speed barcode printer. It works by using thermal printing technology to create a full-sized 300 dpi label in a few minutes. It is used for printing shipping and postage labels. It produces courier quality texts and images which do not bleed, fade or smudge upon touching.
- Quick and easy setup: It takes minimum time to set up. it is compatible with both MAC Devices and Windows’ Operating Systems.
- Produce high-resolution labels: It has 300-DPI resolution and instantly creates full-sized shipping labels.
- Create durable labels: It creates durable labels that do not fade away upon contact.
- Fast performance: It has a maximum print speed of 127mm/sec, which makes it ideal for making thousands of 4” x 6” labels.
- No ink or toner: It uses thermal technology, which eliminates the need for ink or toner.
- Create clear labels: It creates clear and crisp labels that are easy to read.
- Compatible for major shipping platforms: It is very compatible with major shipping platforms and online stores i.e. Amazon, ShipStation, Ordoro, Shippo, eBay ShippingEasy, Stamps.com, FedEx, Shopify, Etsy, and many more.
- Saves money: Once you buy it, you can print labels by yourself and save thousands of dollars a year.
- Bonus accessories: If you purchase it, you will get a free logia label caddy, USB cable, power adaptor, and (100) 4”x6” labels. The label caddy helps you to get rid of the manual loading of papers. It feeds paper continuously through the back of the printer.
Logia Thermal Printer is best for making high-resolution shipping labels for well-known shipping platforms e.g. Shopify, ShopStation, eBay, Amazon, FedEx, Ordoro, etc. It produces crystal clear 300dpi labels which are easy to read. It is a high-speed printer; you can produce thousands of labels in minimum time.
7. MUNBYN USB Label Printer
We do not recommend
MUNBYN USB Label Printer is a high-speed printer with 150mm/sec speed. It is used to produce Thermal Direct labels i.e. Warehouse labels, Shipping labels, Food Nutrition Labels, Amazon Labels, UPS, etc. It can work with all Windows and MAC systems. MUNBYN label printer works like a regular printer that can create customized labels directly from any application.
- Easy to install: MUNBYN USB Label Printer is very easy to install. It is installed like a regular printer and takes only one minute to set up.
- AutoAnalyzer: It brings more convenience by automatically analyzing and learning the size and characteristics of your label. You just need to insert the label, the printer will automatically catch the label and feed it into the printer.
- Suitable for major shipping platforms: MUNBYN USB Label Printer performs well with all major shipping and sales platforms e.g., Shopify, Etsy, eBay, Amazon, Poshmark, FedEx, ShipStation, ShippingEasy, Shippo, Ordoro, etc.
- Suitable for thermal direct labels: It is suitable for producing thermal direct labels which include, Shipping labels, Food Nutrition Labels, Warehouse Labels, UPS, Amazon FBA Labels, etc.
- Money saver: It saves your money by eliminating the use of cartridge or ink.
- High-speed printer: It is a high-speed printer. It can generate 700 prints continuously and then automatically stops for protecting the machine.
- Do not support Chrome OS: It doesn’t support the Chrome OS system.
- Produce high-quality prints: It produces high-quality shipping labels and barcodes without using any ink or toner.
MUNBYN USB Label Printers are easy to install high-speed printers. They can be integrated with all Windows and MAC systems; in the case of MAC systems, you just need to set the driver’s permission. They are very useful for printing shipping labels for major shipping platforms like ShipStation, Shopify, eBay Amazon, FedEx, ShippingEasy, Shippo, etc.
8. Upgrade2.0 LabelRange 300DPI Thermal Label Printer
LabelRange thermal label printers are used for producing quality printing. They work on the principles of thermal printing that limits the use of ink or toner. They produce high-quality shipping, mailing, file folder, barcodes, and binder labels as well as receipts and name tags.
- High-quality prints: It is a high-resolution printer with 300dpi resolution which produces high-quality labels for address, mailing, shipping, barcodes, etc.
- Save money: It produces prints by using the phenomenon of direct thermal technology, so no printer toner, rubber, or ink is required.
- Compatibility for major platforms: It is very compatible with producing labels for major shipping platforms i.e. Shopify, Shippo, ShipStation, USPS, Etsy, FedEx, etc. It is useful for e-commerce stores also including eBay, PayPal, Amazon, and others.
- Fast printing: It is a high-speed printer with 127mm/sec printing speed. It prints up to 5in/sec.
- Easy to set up: You just need to connect it to your operating system by USB cable/power cable. Then install driver software from USB by double-clicking on driver software. It is compatible with both Windows (7 or above) and MAC systems.
- Wide applications: It has a wide range of uses. It helps in printing barcodes, texts, or graphics in high quality,
- Accessories: You will get Power Cable, USB cable, and 1GB USB. USB includes driver software, manual, video, and tool software.
- Time-saving: It saves time by producing a large number of labels in minimum time. There is no need for cutting and taping labels on the package as it produces labels with adhesive back.
LabelRange thermal label printers are very compatible for producing shipping labels for various shipping platforms and e-commerce stores. You will get thousands of 300dpi high-quality adhesive labels at a speed of 127mm/sec, hence saving a lot of your time in completing the shipping process.
The thermal label printer uses thermal technology for producing barcodes and shipping labels. Thermal printing technology has become widespread across the globe and is now preferred over laser and inkjet printing technologies.
Thermal label printers have key benefits like
- Instant printing
- Requires less maintenance
- No ink or toner lowers the cost
- Produce high-quality labels
These barcode printers produce labels by using either thermal transfer technology or direct thermal technology. To make it easier for deciding about purchasing thermal label printers, below is a quick overview of all of your queries
What resolution should your label printer have?
While deciding on purchasing a thermal label printer, make sure that your printer has a resolution up to 200dpi (dots per square inch) or above. The higher the resolution the clearer will be the text.
How will you connect to the label printer?
For connecting label printers, you just need a computer, a USB, and a serial or parallel connection. If your printer has an ethernet connection, you just need to connect a network cable and now it can be shared across your network.
How will you install the software into your system?
Well, we will provide you a USB with installed software in it. Connect the USB and install software on the printer from there and you’re ready to print labels. USB has Software for both MAC and Windows.
How will you design your label?
All of the printers have basic in-build label design software. If you want to design your label, you may download software in your computer named “BarTender”. This software is Windows-based.
What advantages will you get from thermal label printers?
Thermal label printers can help you in producing labels for major shipping platforms, e-commerce stores, warehouses, postage, packages, tags, wristbands, receipts, and many more.
I hope this guide will help you in making a decision for buying thermal label printers. If you are still having difficulty, feel free to contact us. We are here to help you find the right printer for your needs.